Fashion

Sunday, July 11, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GIORGIO ARMANI ROUGE D'ARMANI LIPSTICK IN 504

Here's an initial review on GIORGIO ARMANI ROUGE D'ARMANI LIPSTICK IN 504

PRICE: ?
PLACE BOUGHT: HONG KONG AIRPORT, HONG KONG
OTHER LOCATIONS: GIORGIO ARMANI COSMETICS ONLINE, EXCLUSIVE DEALERS
THE VERDICT:

My first ever Armani cosmetic is the Shine lipstick, which is impressive by the way. I love the color, the feel, and how it compliments my skin tone very much! There's really no going back once you try Armani!

My second lipstick is from the Rouge D'Armani line. The newest formulation by Armani for their lipsticks. Here's a description taken from giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com:

Exceptional long-wear formula results in up to 8 hours of intense color. Experience comfort and shine, without fading and feathering. Soft texture leaves lips feeling continuously hydrated. Lipstick packaged in an elegant black lacquered case with an exclusive magnetic closure. Sealed with a click.

Let's now review the packaging.
And I thought that Chanel's lipstick packaging is the most sophisticated, elegant, classy, and expensive-looking packaging there is! Armani's shiny black tube is elegance redefined. It's edgy, because of the metallic silver sheen, yet the black color makes the packaging a classic. Black is indeed the color of sophistication!

The magnetic closure makes this very convenient. No need to worry about not putting the cap tightly because it seals with a click! The emblem in the middle has the initials of the brand.

Let's now review the product.

504 is a purple rose shade. The slight purple undertone made this unique, and the rose made it wearable at the same time.


In terms of quality, this lipstick glides on smoothly. Once you swipe it on your lips, it dresses it like fabric. Imagine how a soft piece of fabric hugs your body perfectly and snuggly. And the lipstick settles to a light and feathery finish with a super pigmented color pay- off. Staying power is good, yet I can't say that it stayed put for 8 hours because I've been drinking, eating and smoking. Finish is satin. And it did not dry my lips out!

And if you're going to ask me if I'm going to buy this again, it is a resounding yes! I want to get the shade 510, which looks like a coral shade. I've realized that I've no more coral lippies in my stash. And boy, I would love to have one from Armani! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion